Wed, 29 Jul|
The Northern Club
Advisory Board - Advisor Starter Program
The Faraday & Company Advisor Starter Program is designed to arm potential advisors with a deeper understanding of how professional advisory boards operate, how advisors are selected and how dramatic changes in business performance are achieved through advisory boards.
Time & Location
29 Jul 2020, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm NZST
The Northern Club, 19 Princes Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
About the Event
The Faraday & Company (F&C) Advisor Starter Program is designed to arm potential advisors with a deeper understanding of how professional advisory boards operate, how advisors are selected and how dramatic changes in business performance are achieved through advisory boards.
This one day course covers the methods used by Faraday & Company trained chairs to understand their client's business, generate new business scenarios and engage advisors to validate and support execution.
On completion of the program, potential advisors will understand how to align their knowledge, skills and experience with professional advisory board opportunities, how to engage with client companies, and how their services are valued and compensated.
The program exposes prospective advisors to the advisory board establishment and management process undertaken by client companies. It then shares the F&C process businesses use for selecting and inducting advisors, executing on business objectives, and compensating advisors for their services.
The program includes insights into:
- The economics of SME business
- Strategic models for growth
- Organisation models growth
- F&C Advisory board design
- Advisor board induction pack
- Advisor search and selection
- Advisor role and responsibilities
- F&C methods, tools and templates
- F&C chair and advisor network
- F&C Board management system
- Regional Business Partner grant funding for client companies to get started
- Advisor engagement and remuneration
- Advisor capability assessment
- Advisor compensation models
- Board induction and refresh process
- Advisory board Charter and Code of Conduct
- Case studies
29 July 2020, 9am - 5:00pm
The Northern Club
19 Princes Street, Auckland
Incl. lunches, course materials, F&C tools and templates.
The program is limited to a small number of prospective advisors to maximise knowledge transfer.
Faraday Advisor Start Program